Biztalk 2004 Integration Experiences

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Biztalk 2004 Map Testing Tool

In my current Biztalk 2004 solution, I have quite a bit of Biztalk maps with complex mapping. In my point of view testing each field mapping is crucial for defect free releases since it's very easy to miss a field while mapping thousands of fields. So Initially I used Biztalk mapper's "Test Map" feature, which is good, but was slow. I had to wait for some time till the map test is complete and get the results file to view. So as a techie I thought it would be very useful if I have a tool like I had in Biztalk 2000 for Testing maps. So I built one for testing Biztalk 2004 maps.

In Biztalk 2000\2002 world the map was a simple XML file, I had a sample VB Application which would dynamically pull the XSL based on a given map, the input file given, do the Transform and show the result in a Browser.


The difference between Biztalk 2000 tool and this is the complexity to attain this functionality. This tool uses Reflection to identify a Map class of a Biztalk assembly and dynamically gets the XSLT for a specified map and performs a Transform an xml file you specify. Although I'm not sure whether this will work for Mapper Shared Assemblies, it should work for all inline mappings.

Post a comment if anybody needs the source code, I'll send you.

13 Comments:

  • At 4:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Deepak,

    This is selvan, working in Reuters, London. Could you please send me the Map Testing Tool to my personal id that's tamilselvan@gmail.com ?.

    Advance thanks,
    Selvan

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Selvan,

    I have sent the tool with source code to your e-mail.

    Thanks,
    Deepak

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Deepak,

    Could you send me a copy of the mapping tool to my email address... crimsen@gmail.com

    Thanks.

    Joe D

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger Deepak Lakshmanan said…

    Hi Joe,

    I have sent the tool with source code it to your e-mail address.

    Thanks,
    Deepak

     
  • At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Deepak! Could you send the tool and code to tglimwin2000@yahoo.com? Thanks.


    Ghent

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great stuff! I always look on the web first before I start coding myself, and it once more proves usefull. Could you please send it to me as well?
    Thanks!

    pukjepietus @@ yahoo.com (remove spaces and one @)

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Deepak Lakshmanan said…

    I have sent the tool with code to okkrishnakumar,tglimwin2000,pukjepietus

    Thanks,
    Deepak

     
  • At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi deepak,

    Can you please send me a copy of the software and source code to jamesthornber@@gmail. com (please remove one @ sign, and the space).

    Thanks alot,

    James

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger Deepak Lakshmanan said…

    Hi James,

    I have sent the tool with code to your e-mail.

    Thanks,
    Deepak

     
  • At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Deepak:

    May I have a copy of your tool?

    My email is

    cesar.delbarrio2@gmail.com

    (please remove the number 2 from the address)

    Thanks in advance.
    Cesar

     
  • At 6:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Deepak,
    it will be of great help if could send me as well. My emaild Id is

    spsagar@hotmail. com

    Thanks in advance,
    Sagar.

     
  • At 4:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Deepak,

    Could you please send me the map testing tool to markus.obermeier@singhammer.com ?

    Thanx,
    Markus

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Could you post a link to the tool online instead of having everyone email you?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home