Biztalk 2004 Integration Experiences

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Just don't promote any Property in your Schema

Yes, one of the Issues I recently faced in my current solution is an Error message like this in the event log while subscribing a message submitted by another system.

There was a failure executing the receive pipeline: "Microsoft.BizTalk.DefaultPipelines.XMLReceive" Source: "XML disassembler" Receive Location: "/test/testHTTPReceive.DLL" Reason: The property 'errordesc' has a value with length greater than 256 characters.

The issue was I had promoted a property called "errordesc" which is basically the Error Description field. This error happened when the errordesc field in the xml file was greater than 256 characters.

I noticed that Biztalk Documentation clearly states that do not promote a property whose length is greater than 256 characters and this is a limitation (or by design) in Biztalk 2004, but somehow I overlooked it.

I guess this is worthwhile of a support article for Biztalk since lot of people might have overlooked this limitation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home